29 Oct Halloween – Treats not Tricks!
Here are a few tips that ALOHA recommends to keep your Halloween activities safe so that it is more Treats than Tricks!
- Make sure your older children travel with at least one friend.
- Enlist a TRUSTED friend, parent or adult to accompany your younger children on their trick-or-treat route.
- Accompany your children to the door of the homes on your route. Know who will be giving your children treats.
- Children should avoid entering homes, unless you have discussed it the specific home with them.
- Only approach homes that are well lit inside and outside.
- Do not approach vehicles unless accompanied by you or the trusted adult is with them.
- Be seen – wear reflective clothing, carry a glo-stick or flashlight.
- Stay in high-traffic areas, don’t take short-cuts or enter isolated areas.
- Teach them to be aware of their surroundings. If someone they don’t know attempts to grab them, tell them to get “loud” and draw attention.
- Mask safety is important as well – can your child see and breathe properly.
Hopefully these tips will help you and your family have a wonderful Halloween!