25 Oct Top Brain Foods for your Child
Did you know that the foods children eat affect their behavior, ability to learn, and memory power? In fact, eating the right food and creating a balanced diet goes a long way in developing your child’s brain. There are many factors that contribute to a child’s brain development throughout their growing years. One of them is “brain foods”. Let’s take a look at the top foods that boost brain development.
- Antioxidants – Foods rich in antioxidants are good to improve memory and protect your child’s brain from regular wear and tear. Berries, especially blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries are packed with antioxidants.
- Complex Carbohydrates – Foods rich in complex carbs are essential to the brain’s functioning because they are its main source of fuel. The body absorbs complex carbohydrates after they’re broken down into glucose, which the brain uses as energy. Some good sources of complex carbs are whole-grain breads, pastas, crackers, cereals, pancakes, waffles, and brown rice.
- Choline- is essential for brain development and memory function. It helps the brain communicate with the rest of the body. Good sources of choline are egg yolk, beans, brussel sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, yogurt, tofu, buckwheat, and lean beef.
- Protein – Foods rich in protein are important for brain development. Eggs, lean meat, lentils, milk and yogurt are good sources of protein.
- Iron – is an essential mineral that helps your child stay energized and concentrate well. Lean beef, spinach, black bean, and soy are great options.
- Vitamin E – aids brain development and protects brain-cell membranes from damage. Brightly colored fruits and vegetables, nuts, seeds are good sources of the antioxidant vitamin E.
- Omega-3 Essential Fatty Acids – are crucial to brain and eye development. They also they help stabilize mood. Salmon, shrimp, scallops, walnuts, flaxseed, and omega-3 enriched eggs and yogurt are great sources.
As a parent, you want the best for your child. You want them to be smart, intelligent, and get a scholarship to the best school or college. You want to be proud of their achievements, be it in sports, music, education, or any other field they choose to take on. It’s never too late to change your child’s food habits in order to incorporate foods that boost brain development. For all you know, your child could be the next Einstein, Mozart or Pele in the making.
At ALOHA we have learning programs that enhance the overall learning development of your child. Visit our website for further information www.aloha-usa.com
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.