17 Nov Why is an Abacus learning important for children?
Why is an Abacus learning important for children?
While it’s easy for few kids, others find it very difficult! Every kid is unique, and their skills are different. If one kid is good at math, the other is good at science. If your kids are confused with numbers, they need a little bit of practice to get it right! Abacus learning is the best way to improve the arithmetic skills. If your kid doesn’t like math, introduce them to abacus and they will immediately start loving it.
Introduced in China, Abacus learning has made it easy to calculate basic arithmetic operations like Subtraction, Addition, Division, and Multiplication. Popularly known as the brain enhancement tool, Abacus helps in learning calculations which benefits children of small age groups. The tool boosts effective learning and brain expansion at early ages which make learning math easy.
How does Abacus learning help the learners?
Counting numbers with fingers and hands were considered an ideal way before the invention of sticks and stones. Later beads – ‘The abacus’ was invented and it is the most creative way to count numbers easily and quickly. Most of the countries across the world uses abacus to teach basic calculations. As an advanced form of learning math, most of the schools across the world use abacus in both primary and secondary classes. They also believe that abacus is the best way to learn math.
Abacus learning not only helps with the basic calculations like addition, multiplication, subtraction, and division, it also helps in effective counting of decimal points, negative numbers, etc.
Importance of Abacus training
When kids learn abacus, they use their hands, the tool with beads to calculate numbers. It is believed that the movement using fingers gives them an opportunity to activate the brain sensors. The activity in the right hand helps them to coordinate and the left side of the brain and vice versa. This brings several benefits to the brain.
Here are some of the points that reveal the importance of abacus learning.
• With Abacus, the calculation skills are boosted, and the kids can make calculations faster and accurate
• Abacus promotes pressure free and stress-free way of learning Math concepts which benefits the children mentally
• Enhances the problem-solving abilities of the children which are different from textual studying of Math
• Abacus learning not only focuses on getting the correct answer but also helps with logical reasoning for learning with detailed concepts
• Abacus programs not only teach math but also help in improving concentration levels and observation power in the children’s life that helps in overcoming all the hurdles
• It boosts intellectual personality by developing self-confidence and self-esteem in the children
• Along with calculation with beads, it also strengthens mental skills like mental visualization skills
• It helps with improvised writing and reading by promoting photographic memory
Abacus learning is hence an appropriate way to develop a mastermind within your children from a valid age. So, are you ready to help your children with Abacus?